Vendor Spotlight: Afternoon Delight Bakery0
One of the sweetest parts of wedding planning is choosing a wedding cake or dessert to end your night with. (Cake tasting, sign me up!) It can be overwhelming trying to narrow down the choices. Afternoon Delight Bakery can help with all of your wedding dessert needs, whether you are looking for a traditional wedding cake or a dessert table with many options. Owner, Ashley Buerger, takes pride in each and every cake she make as it is never “just a cake,” but a work of art and a delicious memory from the best day of your life. She makes everything from scratch and can help you with designing the perfect cake.
Read on for a few tips for deciding on a wedding day dessert.
- Choose your desserts. There are so many options, but think about what you envision for your wedding.
- Here are a few ideas: Traditional multi-tiered wedding cake decorated with flowers or fondant. Cupcakes in a few different flavors. Small cake for cutting along with cupcakes or other desserts for your guests. Dessert bar with mini desserts- macarons, brownies, cookies, tarts, shooters etc. Cookies or pies in multiple flavors.
- Consider your budget
- It is important to be honest about your budget in the beginning so that your baker can recommend options that fall within this range. Typically tiered layer cakes are a per person price. To figure out how big of a cake you will need, this
- can help.
- Think about your favorite desserts.
- While budget can be a big factor in choosing the dessert you serve, think about your own tastes. Does the bride absolutely love cupcakes? Is the groom a cheesecake fan? Incorporating both of your favorites can be a fun way to make your celebration unique.
- Think about your wedding style. Is your wedding venue and decor more casual? Or are you having a black-tie affair?
- For a more formal wedding, the traditional tiered wedding cake is common. Casual weddings with a more laid back feel often go with the less traditional desserts- pies or cookies! If you are having a wedding cake, connected the design to your overall wedding theme or colors will tie it all together. For an outdoor wedding- a cake decorating with burlap or a naked cake is a great option. For a formal affair in a ballroom, a little bling or flowers matching your bouquets are beautiful options.
- Choose a flavor. While there are many options available, keep things simple with a few options.
- If you are doing a tiered cake, you can choose different flavors for each layer. Keep in mind that many guests will shy away from the more unique options in favor of a traditional chocolate or vanilla. A
- offers about 15 different cake flavors along with more than a dozen icing flavors and filling options. She can help recommend great flavors that go well together.
- Have some fun!
- Why should dessert be boring? If you really want to make a statement- Afternoon Delight Bakery offers a variety of Boozy Cupcakes- Strawberries and Champagne, Mint Julep, Margarita, and more! You can also offer a late night snack of cookies and milk or a s’more bar can be a lot of fun as well. Here are a few examples of dessert tables that
- has done! These displays feature fruit tarts, cookies, brownies, carrot cake, mini cheesecakes and more.
We hope you find these sweet tips for choosing a wedding dessert helpful! What type of dessert are you planning to serve at your wedding or what did you serve? Still looking for a wedding cake or dessert bakery? Check out our favorites here.