Aspen Wedding Ceremony Sites0
If you are in the midst of planning your wedding, choosing a venue for your Aspen wedding ceremony is a crucial part. There are many stunning locations around Aspen. Whether you want an outdoor mountain view ceremony or an indoor religious ceremony there are many options for you. Another important detail to consider is if you want your ceremony location to be in the same venue or a different one than your reception. Hiring an Aspen wedding planner can be extremely helpful when planning all of these details. Below we share a few of our favorite ceremony locations in Aspen. For even more, visit our post here.
The beautiful background of the stunning greens, water and rolling hills makes for a special Aspen wedding ceremony. This PGA award-winning course offers a challenging course in the heart of the Rockies and just minutes from downtown Aspen. Golf lovers will especially enjoy it! The groomsmen or bridal party can enjoy golfing together before the wedding!
The Aspen Historical Society offers three different unique sites to host your Aspen wedding ceremony:
- The Wheeler/Stallard museum- This Victorian Mansion delivers an eclectic blend of Victorian charm and Aspen hospitality. The perfect blend of elegant and casual, this one of a kind Aspen wedding venue is one of the most magnificent buildings in Aspen history. Built in 1888, The queen Anne style- Victorian along with the grounds (and entire city block) will provide a unique ambiance for your event.
- Ashcroft Ghost Town- Located in the beautiful Castle Creek Valley this historic ghost town provides an extremely unique setting for your Aspen wedding.
- Holden/Marolt– The Holden/Marolt museum and grounds are a crown jewel among Aspen venues. Located on the edge of Aspen, the grounds offer a rustic, casual setting for your wedding. With beautiful views of the mountains and the rustic barn in the back, your guests will be talking about your wedding for years to come.
Aspen Meadows offers a variety of beautiful function spaces with floor to ceiling windows and elegant but simple décor. The different spaces, from the lush green lawn of Anderson Park, to the stunning McNulty Ballroom, will fit any wedding size or wedding style. Additionally, the resort amentities and accommodations are convenient for your wedding guests and wedding party.
There are many beautiful parks in the City of Aspen that would make for a stunning ceremony spot.
- John Denver Sanctuary– This gorgeous landmark is dedicated to the late John Denver. The park is located on a peaceful pond with remarkable views of the Aspen Mountain. This spot, located in the heart of town along the Rio Grande Trail is a definitely must-see when traveling to Aspen. Hosting your wedding here would make it even more special.
- Stein Park– This simple park is nestled nest to the Roaring Fork River along the Ro Grande Trail. The beautiful surrounding foliage and quiet nature is part of what makes it a great spot for a wedding ceremony.
- Triangle Park is a small neighborhood gathering spot, but the lush lawn and surrounding trees make it a great spot for saying “We do.”
This wedding deck is unlike anything else. Located at an elevation of 11,212 feet with breathtaking views of the Elk Mountain Range it is truly a romantic spot for saying your vows. Ride the Silver Queen Gondola up and enjoy champagne at the top. Following the ceremony, you can conveniently move to either the Sundeck or Aspen Mountain Club and continue the party.
This legendary resort is located at the base of Aspen Mountain and nearby the gondola plaza. With the outdoor Fountain Courtyard and the indoor Ballroom, you can choose from the captivating mountain views or the romantic champagne and chandelier filled formal space.
The Roaring Fork Club is a private club located in the charming town of Basalt (20 mins from Aspen). With hundreds of pristine acres, majestic mountain views, and an elegant lodge and many amentities for your guest this venue is perfect for your entire wedding weekend. Your ceremony will be the full Rocky Mountain experience with an upscale flair.
Hotel Jerome is a luxurious location rich in history and charm making for an unforgettable wedding. With indoor and outdoor locations, stunning views of the Aspen Mountain and a classic contemporary feel, your event will be the epitome of sophistication.
The Lynn Britt Cabin combines rustic and elegance with the beauty of the mountains. This cozy rustic log cabin is located at the top of Burlingame Lift. The location boasts incredible views and is uniquely secluded.
Maroon Bells are the most photographed mountain spot in North America. For an outdoor wedding, Maroon Bells is a dreamy choice. A lovely platform overlooks a meadow with the Maroon Lake and majestic Maroon Bells in the background.
Nestled into the Ashcroft Valley, the wedding meadow is sheltered by trees on one side and tranquil wetlands on the other. Towering 14,000 foot peaks serve as the backdrop for your ceremony. Your guests will enjoy the stunning Elk Mountain views seen during cocktail hour. A quick walk after the ceremony will bring you to the Pine Creek Cookhouse where you can enjoy your wedding reception.
With high, snowcapped peaks, perfectly manicured lawns and wildflowers, the Snowmass Club setting is a special one. With breathtaking vistas of Mt. Daly and the expansive Elk Mountain Range, the Snowmass Club is the perfect setting for a wedding of any size.
The regal and rugged property at Viceroy Snowmass is the ideal venue for a stylish Aspen wedding ceremony. Any time of year is a great time for a wedding. The Viceroy has a beautiful wedding lawn with gorgeous views.
Located near the world-famous Maroon Bells, T-Lazy-7 Ranch is a scenic spot. The exquisite meadow is a perfect location for your wedding ceremony. The rolling pasture coupled with lush Aspen trees and the magnificent 14,000 foot Pyramid Peak in the backdrop will make for amazing photographs to capture your day. T-Lazy-7 Lodge is an exquisite place for a reception as well with vaulted ceilings, wrap around balcony and garden patio. Enjoy dancing, dining and late night s’mores in the crisp mountain air.
This unique venue is located adjacent to the John Denver Sanctuary. The contemporary style features a stunning pavilion with ponds, greenery and mountain views. The natural beauty mixed modern elegance is the perfect blend.
With dramatic mountain views and a spacious rooftop deck, the Gant is a gorgeous alpine location for your Aspen wedding ceremony. A destination hotel located on the base of Aspen Mountain, there are many ceremony locations for couples to choose from at The Gant.
The only ski-in/ski-out hotel at the base of the Buttermilk Mountain, The Inn at Aspen offers a tranquil, high-meadow setting just minutes from downtown Aspen. With 5,000 square feet of event and reception space, The Inn at Aspen can accommodate groups from 10 guests to 200.
Interested in learning more about one of these gorgeous ceremony sites? Go here for more details and contact information. Thank you to Robin Proctor Photography, The Venue Report, and Luminance Photography for the photos used in this post.